The Today’s Students Coalition Student Ambassadors Fellowship
Lifting the experiences of today’s students to improve higher education and prepare the next generation of civic leaders.
Do you want to expand your knowledge of federal policy?
Have you ever noticed a community-wide issue and asked yourself, “how can I make a change?” If so, the Today’s Students Coalition (TSC) Student Ambassadors Fellowship (SAF) is the program for you.
“Politics and policymaking too often miss a critical stakeholder: learners. The Today’s Students Coalition Student Ambassador Fellowship will connect budding leaders with the resources and opportunities to share their experiences and create real change— at home and in our nation’s capital.”
– Julie Peller, Executive Director, Higher Learning Advocates
A New Kind of Leader
Now more than ever, student leaders are seeking out opportunities to advocate for causes they believe in to create change not only at the local level – but nationwide.
The TSC Student Ambassadors program will help elevate the stories and lived experiences of students directly to federal policymakers while providing the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in shaping federal policy.
The Future of Student Ambassador Fellowship
In September 2022, TSC will launch its inaugural cohort of TSC Student Ambassadors.
This one-year, highly selective leadership opportunity is for outstanding student leaders who want to deepen their knowledge of federal education policy and influence change. Student Ambassadors will receive a $5,000 stipend while expanding their knowledge of federal policy and using their voices to affect policy change that strengthen our systems of higher education!
Program Structure and Your Impact as a Student Ambassador
Our SAF is designed for student leaders from all walks of life who want to learn more about federal policy while using their voices to enact change.
Here’s what you can expect to accomplish as a TSC Student Ambassador:
- Quarterly virtual meetings, a guided mentorship program, and an exclusive speaker series;
- Two in-person advocacy events (dependent on COVID-19 restrictions);
- Training through expert-led modules on topics such as Policy 101, Advocacy & Organizing, and Meeting with Decision Makers;
- Direct engagement with key stakeholders and policymakers; and
- Opportunity to develop a policy portfolio.
Who We’re Looking For
We look for students who are driven by a sense of purpose and seek action to make our systems of higher education more equitable and accessible.
Additional qualifications include:
- A rising or enrolled postsecondary student at a two- or four-year institution of higher education, vocational or technical school, apprenticeship and/or credentialing program.
- Ability to dedicate time and passion to learning about policy and advocating for changes that impact today’s students.
- Available to attend the September 2022 Kickoff (virtual), four quarterly meetings (virtual), and two in-person events (COVID-permitting).
- Launch: June 8, 2022
- Recruitment and Nomination Cycle: June 15 – July 15
- Nomination/Referral Deadline: Thursday, July 7
- Student Ambassador Application Deadline: Friday, July 15
- Interview Phase: July 18 – 30
- Cohort Announcement: August 15
The inaugural cohort of ambassadors will spend one year participating in the fellowship program.
Think you’re the right fit?
Submit your application by Friday, July 15 or nominate a student leader who could benefit from this program by Thursday, July 7.